[Zope-CMF] Full catalog access for anonymous users

Antti Kaihola akaihola@ambitone.com
Tue, 05 Nov 2002 12:28:37 +0200

Hello CMF list,

I want to allow anonymous users to list restricted portal content. Such
content needs the Member role to be viewed.
The logic behind this is that I'd like visitors to be able to see what
they are missing because they haven't yet signed up.

So, I made a simple python script:
return context.portal_catalog(meta_type=("Portal File", "Document"))
and gave it the proxy role of Manager. I then render the results with a
page template.

It seems that the catalog still enforces permissions, since visitors
still see only public content.

What would be a good way to achieve this functionality? Should I
implement the permissions with custom metadata instead of security
settings? Or should I use External Methods (I tried--same problem)? I
suppose giving the Manager proxy role to the portal_catalog is not a
good idea?

Any help appreciated...

Cheers,

Antti