[Zope-CMF] Full catalog access for anonymous users

Antti Kaihola akaihola@ambitone.com
Tue, 05 Nov 2002 23:13:29 +0200

Dieter Maurer wrote:

>Antti Kaihola writes:
> > I want to allow anonymous users to list restricted portal content. Su=
ch=20
> > content needs the Member role to be viewed.
> =20
>
>  One possibility would be to derive your own "CatalogTool" class
>  and override "_listAllowedTolesAndUsers".
> =20

Perfect! It worked on my first try. I had already made a customized=20
version of CMFDefault with a replacement for MembershipTool only. I now=20
copied CatalogTool there as well and changed it as you suggested, and=20
voil=E1! I even replaced the default splitter with the iso8859-1 one whic=
h=20
makes better sense with my language.

What is the best place to document and offer these solutions for others=20
to read? ZopeLabs cookbook? Zope.org?

Big thanks and best wishes,

Antti