[Zope-CMF] Re: [Zope3-dev] Content Types: What are they? Do we need them for Zope 3

Craeg K Strong cstrong@arielpartners.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 15:41:15 -0500

I am afraid I can't offer any solutions, but here are some
thoughts nonetheless:

If content is in XML, then it will typically be in
conformance with a DTD and/or Schema of some kind.
For example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE Document
   PUBLIC "-//ArielPartners//DTD XML Article V1.0//EN"
   "http://www.arielpartners.com/dtd/article.dtd">

..identifies a document as type "Document" :)

That, together with the mimetype should be sufficient for
processing tools to deal with it appropriately.

Interestingly enough, "schema type" could also be used
to identify other types of components-- namely those generated
from XML schema of some kind.

Not sure if that is general enough to be used to describe
every type of Z3 component..?

HTH,

--Craeg

<snip/>