[Zope-CMF] 'Products.ZCatalog.ZCatalog' module has no attribute '__bases__'

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 19:22:19 +0100

Pascal Samuzeau writes:
 > I've got this error when I try to add an object. I cna't understand,
 > because on my product's definition I have just :
 >
 > from Products.ZCatalog import ZCatalog
 >
 > and I use it somewhere as :
 >
 > test.manage_addProduct['ZCatalog'].manage_addZCatalog('Catalog','Catal
 > og')
 > test.Catalog.manage_addIndex('test1','FieldIndex')
 > test.Catalog.manage_addIndex('test2','TextIndex')
 > test.Catalog.manage_addIndex('test3','TextIndex')
 > test.Catalog.manage_addIndex('test4','TextIndex')

 > Error Type: AttributeError
 > Error Value: 'Products.ZCatalog.ZCatalog' module has no attribute
 > '__bases__'
"Products.ZCatalog.ZCatalog" is a module but you use it as a class.

You have:

	Products		the "Products" package
	  .ZCatalog		the ZCatalog product's package
	    .ZCatalog		the ZCatalog module inside the ZCatalog product
	      .ZCatalog		the ZCatalog class

Thus, you need 3 "ZCatalog" references to read the class.

Dieter