[Zope-CMF] Workflow: Multiple Workflows per Object?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 01 Oct 2002 13:21:54 +0100

Florent Guillaume wrote:
>>It appears that the Workflow tool is designed to cater for multiple workflows
>>per object in that you can put a comma seperated list of workflows for each type.
>>
>>How is this supposed to work?
>
> After the object is fully created and has received its portal_type, the
> TypesTool calls ob.notifyWorkflowCreated() which calls
> portal_workflow.notifyCreate(ob) which inserts the object into its
> relevant workflow.

Okay, thanks, I knew how the workflow tool worked with oen workflow before ;-)
I want to know what happens when you put a comma-seperated list of workflow ids
in the box next to a content type on the properties tab of the workflow tool.

>>This seemed like a good way to get around the "Scriptable Type Info creation
>>script is executed when content still doesn't know what type it is" problem.
>
> Well it works but is a bit of a hack.

Indeed. But addign more hooks is even less appealing.

cheers,

Chris