[Zope-CMF] trivial new portal folder type gives weird workflow/security behavior?

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
02 Oct 2002 22:18:45 +0200

On Wed, 2002-10-02 at 22:12, Carl Rendell wrote:
> I understand this part. What i'm not understanding right now is why
> unpublished items within a published folder are being selected by
> portal_catalog.searchResults() ?

I don't know. You'll have dig a bit and add debugging statements so that
we find out what's happening. What's the catalog entry for that object?
When does it change?

> As you said. I'm expecting that each of the objects is treated
> individually in the context of using a search of straight view, but
> the behavior I'm experiencing is seems more like aquisition at
> work. I've tested this by moving the item out of the workflow
> controled folder, and the behavior is 'normal'.
>
> In short, it makes sense for all published items to be visible.
> Should not all un-published items be protected regardless of the
> state of a container?

Florent