[Zope-CMF] Logging errors in standard_error_message

Jeff Ross thejeffross@hotmail.com
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 16:13:06 -0700

I would like to capture all exceptions on my portal and store them in an
error log. I've been able to capture some exceptions by modifying
standard_error_message.pt in the skins directory to log exceptions when they
occur. I've noticed, however, that not all exceptions trigger a redirect to
standard_error_message.pt. It looks like some exceptions go to another
standard_error_message altogether.

For example, if I go to the root of my portal and type /invokeFactory, I get
an error message, (Invalid request. The parameter, type_name, was omitted
from the request.) but it's not my standard_error_message.pt.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff