[Zope-CMF] Action contexts?

John Morton jwm@plain.co.nz
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 13:11:51 +1200

On Thu, 03 Oct 2002 23:27, Chris Withers wrote:
> John Morton wrote:
> > Part of the reason is that worklists default to appearing in the global
> > section of the action box, and global actions are evaluated in the
> > context of the site root. However, switching to an action catagory which
> > results in the action being evaluated in the context of the object you're
> > looking at could get confusing -
>
> Wow, I wasn't aware the context an action was evaluated in was different
> depending on what category it was in :-(

Actually, that statement might have been an over generalization. I know that
worklist actions are evaluated in the context of the site root when set to
global. The implication is the behaviour is different for other categories -
but I haven't tested that conclusively, myself. It may only be a behaviour
localised to the workflow tool.

John