[Zope-CMF] Future CMF

Erik Lange erik@mmmanager.org
Mon, 07 Oct 2002 20:16:50 +0200

Hi Sean,

You're absolutely right :-)

About "Double" metadata elements, allow me to quote Gitte W. (also mmm)
from todays post "metadatatoolz" :

"I was thinking about doing something to the metadata tool so it could
use different metadata implementations (specify them through ZMI). In
that order you could say that your Images should use DublinCore metadata
but your media events should use MPEG-7 ... :-)
Sort of like with the workflow tool ... I think :-))"

Do you think such a tool is the right aproach ?

I think a "priority-model" would be usefull in such a tool, so if more than
one metadata-set is used for an object-type, doubled elements are taken
from the set with the highest priority (typical DC). When exporting objects
via syndication, it should also be possible to set which metadata set or
sets that the syndicated objects are represented by.

About compositted media presentations:

MPEG7 is for individual media-resources what dublin core is for textural
content.

MPEG21 is a framework that besides the individual media clips metadata,
also describes relations between resources and facilities in a
media-production. So with a MPEG21-implementation, you can "send" a
complete movie by poniting at the sourcetapes and describe in an EDL
(edit-decision-list) where and how they are to be put together to form the
final presentation. MPEG21 also describes with vision-mixer and visual
effects are used, so the can be re-produced in the recieving end (you will
ofcourse need to have the vision mixer in question for this to work).

I belive we should take this slow, and do MPEG7 before we do MPEG21, which
will be truely mindblowing and sematic web'ish :-)

Number one should be a complete dublin core implementation, since this will
have a broader use, and once the structure is in place, we should quite
easy be able to add other metadata-sets...

Has-part / is-part-of is exactly what we're missing in the current
DC-implementation ;-)

This would also be usefull for describing compound documents with static
content only (images and text)...

I certainly don't find your post too long or irellevant in any way, but I'm
also a freak for media metadata so maybe I'm not the right person to judge
*S* - please feel free to join our community (and mailinglists), if you
feel you're getting off-track for this list ;-)

Regards,
Erik