[Zope-CMF] Topics / Folders / URL Design

Tue, 08 Oct 2002 16:12:08 -0700

I have thought about this, and the more I think about it, the easier it
seems to just create some sort of "namespace collision" rule that is clear
to the people creating content in the system: the proxy defers to the first
item in the list of items with the same id (not incl. path), given a
particular, fixed sort criteria.

Either that, or, if say 3 items had the same id, I perhaps could append
something to the id like:

http://foo.bar.com/sports/basketball/1234567.html-001
http://foo.bar.com/sports/basketball/1234567.html-002
http://foo.bar.com/sports/basketball/1234567.html-003

Thoughts?

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Max M [mailto:maxm@mxm.dk]
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 3:22 AM
To: sean.upton@uniontrib.com
Cc: zope-cmf@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope-CMF] Topics / Folders / URL Design

sean.upton@uniontrib.com wrote:

> http://foo.bar.com/sports/basketball/
> is the section front for a news site, powered by topic/subtopic...
>
> ...it has a link to:
> http://foo.bar.com/News/Nov02/1234567.html
> ...where News/Nov02 is its containment path.
>
> I would like the ability to have:
> http://foo.bar.com/sports/basketball/1234567.html
> act as a proxy to the above content item;

You will get a problem if there is both:

http://foo.bar.com/News/Nov02/1234567.html
and
http://foo.bar.com/News/Dec02/1234567.html

"The path is the id" in Zope, so you will need to write your proxy as:

http://foo.bar.com/News/basketball/Nov02/sports/1234567.html

Which you can indeed allready make work with a little tweaking ;-)

regards Max M

the Law of Inverse Squares. With sound, for example, a source twice as
far away from the detector (an ear?) provides just one-quarter of the
strength of signal. ESP has been said to show no fall-off at all, let
alone any diminution of strength. Well, we must admit that zero signal
won't show any change...