[Zope-CMF] Newbie query - Add Permissions for CMF Content

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 09 Oct 2002 22:43:54 +0100

Tres Seaver wrote:

> Protect its factory with a permission you don't grant to the "Member"
> role.

I have an outstanding thing on my to-do list to make this configurable by giving
a certain permission to a such role on the Type Info object to control that.

Is there still an interest in this or is there a better way?

cheers,

Chrs

PS:
> When you register the class as addable, supply a permission besides
> "Add portal content" (which is what all the CMFDefault content types
> declare).  CMFDefault.__init__.initialize has::
>
>     utils.ContentInit( 'CMFDefault Content'
>                      , content_types=contentClasses
>                      , permission=AddPortalContent
>                      , extra_constructors=contentConstructors
>                      , fti=Portal.factory_type_information
>                      ).initialize( context )
>
> You would supply a different permission.

Is it just me or is this difficult to use on a content type by content type basis?

cheers,

Chris