[Zope-CMF] Re: Metadata Toolz

Paul Everitt paul@eurozope.org
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 09:41:39 +0200

On lundi, oct 7, 2002, at 15:06 Europe/Paris, Gitte Wange wrote:

> Well I have been thinking about it all morning :-)
> I was thinking about doing something to the metadata tool so it could
> use different metadata implementations (specify them through ZMI). In
> that order you could say that your Images should use DublinCore
> metadata
> but your media events should use MPEG-7 ... :-)
> Sort of like with the workflow tool ... I think :-))

I'll give fair warning here...if nobody participates in Z3WCM (Zope 3
Web Content Management), then its metadata *might* look the way I lobby
for, and that means:

1) There are core metadata items that all "content" must provide for
(even if there are no values).

2) That core metadata model is spelled d-u-b-l-i-n c-o-r-e. :^)

Of course the metadata model should be extensible.

I'm still confused by the problem, though...is the stuff in media
events data or metadata?

--Paul