[Zope-CMF] Z3WCM: Future of Document

Mark McEahern marklists@mceahern.com
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 12:15:39 -0500

[Jeffrey P Shell]
[...]
> The TextPart basically uses its minor mode to decide which handler to
> use at edit time.  It gets the handlers out of a Handler registry,
> based on name.  The two I have implemented right now are HTML (using
> modified SafeHTML/Stripogram code) and Plain Text, which just runs its
> contents through DTML's newline_to_br function.  One that I really want
> to do is a 'python' handler that uses py2html/PyFontify to colorize
> Python code for technical documents.
[...]

I'm very much a CMF newbie--and I suspect my question may be out of place in
this discussion, but the talk about Handlers above makes me wonder:  Is what
you're talking about something that would make it easy, say, to plug in
reStructuredText (from docutils) as a Handler of text chunks?

Cheers,

// mark

-