[Zope-CMF] cmf dogbowl re-visited (or: looking for the 1.4 roadmap)

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
14 Oct 2002 09:58:01 -0400

On Mon, 2002-10-14 at 08:17, Yuppie wrote:
> Chris Withers wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can you sum up the point you're actually trying to make?
> >
> > cheers,
> >
> > Chris
>
> Sorry. Didn't want to waste your time. In short:
>
> 1. The cmf site isn't maintained very well.
>
> 2. There is no concrete planning for the future of cmf.
>     (Or at least not much publicly available information about it.)
>
> I think both things are essential for a community-driven project.

Fixing the first is simple:  I need people to volunteer to garden the
site, and would be glad to do the "meta-gardening" needed to set up
appropriate roles, etc.

For the second:  we made some start at planning for a 1.4 release about
ten days back, during an IRC session aimed at resolving some of the "CMF
vs. Plone" flamewoar.  Somebody (Alan, was it you?) was going to write
up and post a proposed roadmap for 1.4.