[Zope-CMF] Anyone Using ExtFile?

Carl Rendell cer@sol43.com
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 09:02:24 -0700

Thanks Tres,

I just downloaded CMFOptions and was looking through the code so
your timing is great. I am interested in input from people who have
or are using this method for storing binary files.

~C

On Monday, October 14, 2002, at 07:11  AM, Tres Seaver wrote:

> On Sun, 2002-10-13 at 23:38, Carl Rendell wrote:
>> Wondering if anyone is using the zope ExtFile product with recent
>> versions of CMF (1.3) and Zope (2.5.1+), and if so... Are there any
>> issues that have come up when using it. Also are there any
>> alternatives that I've missed?
>>
>> I'm looking at providing extranet functionality for different
>> binary file types, and I'd prefer _not_ to have these binaries in
>> the ZODB. I like the relationship of one catalog entry per file,
>> and the ExtFile seems to fit that profile. Of course the product
>> will have to be massaged to work with CMF.
>
> Jeff Sasmor's CMFOptions product made an early pass at that
> "masssaging";  the product needs a patch to work with CMF 1.3 (I'm
> attaching the patch):
>
> CMFOptions homepage:
>
>   http://www.netkook.com/Members/jeff/cmfo
>
> My patch (also attached):
>

> <http://www.netkook.com/Members/tseaver/CMFOptions-
> CMF-1.3-compatible.diff/view>
>
> Tres.
> --
> Tres Seaver                                tseaver@zope.com
> Zope Corporation      "Zope Dealers"       http://www.zope.com

Carl E. Rendell
Solution43
Information Distribution Consulting        |   "Ahhhh the power of
cer@sol43.com                              |    acquisition"  - Chef Z