[Zope-CMF] cmf dogbowl re-visited (or: looking for the 1.4 roadmap)

alan runyan alan runyan" <runyaga@runyaga.com
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 11:17:09 -0500

Yes.  I got really busy and wrote a up a very quick roadmap that came from
the chat.  Here is the link,
http://plone.org/Members/runyaga/notes/CMF14.html
Its mixed with some Plone stuff as well.

It seemed people thought CMF1.4 should focus on:

  - refactoring:

    -  move Core tools into CMFCore, i.e. URLTool

    -  make CMFDefault (optional)

  - un-hardwire the /Members in the portal_membership

  - add Adrian Hungates CMF Product Installer

  - most likely incorporate CMFTypes

  - move some of Plones functionality into CMF

    - CustomizationPolicy

    - make portal_properties a container of propertysheets

I am suffering from work overload and fear that anything I commit to
besides client work and getting Plone1.0 out the door will fall by
the waist side.  The plone developers most certainly want to get
most of the framework pieces out of Plone - moving some into Products
and others into CMF.