[Zope-CMF] Re: cmf 1.4 planning

alan runyan alan runyan" <runyaga@runyaga.com
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 12:37:48 -0500

> Thanks for these notes, Alan. I understand you don't have much time. But
> perhaps someone else could answer my questions?
>
> alan runyan wrote:
> > Yes.  I got really busy and wrote a up a very quick roadmap that came
from
> > the chat.  Here is the link,
> > http://plone.org/Members/runyaga/notes/CMF14.html
>
> Why is the list in your mail shorter than the 'CMF1.4 Goals' section of
> the linked notes? What about portal_form/navigation/properties tools?

this is something geoff was going to look at.  portal_form/navigation
probably
shouldnt go directly into CMFDefault/CMFCore it should be something
seperate.  But portal_properties should maybe be changed.

> > It seemed people thought CMF1.4 should focus on:
> >
> >   - refactoring:
> >
> >     -  move Core tools into CMFCore, i.e. URLTool
> >
> >     -  make CMFDefault (optional)
>
> Ok.
>

> >   - un-hardwire the /Members in the portal_membership
>
> What is this good for?

having the id hardcoded is naughty.  what if you want it to be
/customers instead of /Members or you just dont want uppercase?
it should be simple to change.

> >   - add Adrian Hungates CMF Product Installer
>
> <http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-announce/2002-August/000843.html>
> <http://cvs.haqa.co.uk/viewcvs/Products/CMFInstallerTechnology/>
> Are there any other resources?
>
> >   - most likely incorporate CMFTypes
>
> This is part of plone, right? Are there any docs?

this is not a part of Plone.  it generates Plone forms currently.
this is simple to change.  its a CMF project and its in
http://sf.net/projects/collective  - I am working on documentation.
Just like CMFBackTalk (yay! Kapil!) and works but
its UI is done in Plone.  If you want a CMF UI - rewrite the
PageTemplate and submit it back.

> >   - move some of Plones functionality into CMF
> >
> >     - CustomizationPolicy
>
> What does it? Any docs?

read the source its very simple.  have you installed plone?
its the box that gives you options on whether or not you
want a Default,Private site.  If you have ZopeZen skin installed
that will be an option as well.

> >     - make portal_properties a container of propertysheets
>
> Ok.

said above

> Did you discuss the '(__future__)' items of
> <http://cvs.zope.org/CMF/CHANGES.txt?rev=1.120>
> and the leftovers of
> <http://cmf.zope.org/projmgmt/project_schedule/roadmap_1_3> ?

nope.  maybe thats what should happen next.  is put this in a Wiki or
roadmap_1_4 gets created.

~runyaga