[Zope-CMF] dev question on CMFDefault.__init__.py

Mark McEahern mark@mceahern.com
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 21:24:18 -0500

[hazmat [mailto:hazmat@objectrealms.net]]
> for your use case it would be a lot easier to capture your
> customization in an external method that manipulates the new portal,
> or if your using plone, this amounts to a new customization policy.

Thank you for the suggestion.  That's probably what I'll end up doing.

Still, the question remains.  It's most likely my ignorance, but it strikes
me that __init__.py could be written in a way to make what it's doing a lot
more explicit--and if it were more explicit, it would be a lot easier to
understand.  But maybe I just lack the deep knowledge about Zope Products
that would make __init__.py's machinations obvious and transparent.

Is there a more appropriate forum for me to ask about this stuff?

Thanks,

// mark

-