[Zope-CMF] createMemberarea suggestion

Antti Kaihola akaihola@ambitone.com
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 22:40:57 +0300

Hi,

It seems that the Home folder and index_html for a new Member are
created when wrapUser (in CMFCore/MembershipTool) is called for the
first time. Unfortunately any additional memberdata properties will not
have been stored at this point. I have the member's real name as a
property and would like to use it when generating the default Home
folder and index_html instead of the member id.

I'll probably have to modify CMFCore/MembershipTool to get around this.
I think others might face the same situation, so would it be wise to
change the order of the registration process in future versions? That
way it wouldn't be necessary to change CMFCore source code to use
memberdata properties when generating default homepages.

The other day I asked for advice about how to modify the login name on
the fly. I'm still interested in any opinions as I haven't found a clean
solution. I'd like to be able to type my name (e.g. "Antti Kaihola") as
the login name, and the logged_in mechanism should silently change it
into "antti_kaihola" just like my register script already does. Any
thoughts about how to do this?

By the way, I see the function getUserName() used in many places, but no
support for actually providing the real name of the user so that it
would be returned by this function. Do I miss something?

Antti