[Zope-CMF] Re: reStructuredText

Ricky West west@west-household.dns2go.com
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 14:46:56 -0400

Mark McEahern wrote:

>[Florent Guillaume]
>
>>Actually if this is a tool to give to users, both of those are much too
>>complicated, and there is too much magic in them. A plain user doesn't
>>want things 'like that' to appear in <code>, or things "like that": to
>>appear like a link. Way too much magic. Also underline is rarely used,
>>stars don't delimit text well enough, etc.
>>

>We can disagree about this, but the larger point I think is that the
>infrastructure should be there to plug in whatever text handler you want--be
>it SimplerStructuredText or what have you.  Rather than having it be
>hard-coded to a small subset.
>
>Cheers,
>
>// mark
>
>-

>See http://collector.zope.org/CMF for bug reports and feature requests

As a newbie, i assume this means creating a new type of what?  I am
interested in this since I currently have a great deal of content store
under TWiki and would like to move the files to a Zope based platform.
Moreover, I've gotten used to the syntax for TWiki and would like to be
able to continue to use it.

Ricky West