[Zope-CMF] Users can't authenticate themselves...

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 19:05:29 +0100

Josef Meile writes:
 > I'm redirected to the login_form, but not authenticated. I get the
 > following error message which is in the logged_in form:
 >
 > Login failure
 >
 > You are not currently logged in. Your username and or password may be
 > incorrect. Your browser may also not be configured to accept HTTP
 > cookies. If you need help please contact postmaster@localhost.
Can you log in when you go directly to the login_form?
I would expect, you cannot.

One way to analyse the problem is to temporarily disable cookie
authentication (by emptiing the "login_form" field in the CookieCrumber),
protect "logged_in" and then visit it.
You should get a browser login dialog. Enter the same Username and
Password as formerly in the "login_form".
When you commit the dialog, it should come back immediately again.
Cancel it. You should see the reason, why the authentication failed.

When it does not help, I would use a TCPLogger between the browser
and Zope to analyse their conversation. One TCPLogger is Shane's
"tcpwatch".

Dieter