[Zope-CMF] Newbie CMF question

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
01 Sep 2002 08:53:27 -0400

On Sat, 2002-08-31 at 13:42, eric@spinoza.oit.qc.edu wrote:

> I've created a CMFDefault object of type "Document" within my CMF site.
> I'm now attempting to use that Document object as I would a DTML document,
> with no success -- the content of the Document appears to be parsed as
> HTML and the DTML tags are ignored.

This is by design;  CMFDefault.Document objects are "static" content
only.  The main driver for this choice is that you need to trust your
content authors a *lot* more if you want to give them DTML access.

Note that the Document's content is displayed within the "content well"
defined by its template(s), which can still be defined (as skin methods)
in either DTML or ZPT.

> Since I'm obviously going about this the wrong way, what's the best way to
> access DTML content from within a CMFDefault Document?  Is there a way to
> create a separate DTML object or method and then embed this within the
> Document's HTML?

Not at present.  We have several kinds of "composite content" proposals
kicking around, which would make what you want simpler:  the "dynamic"
bits would be created by a "higher-privilege" user, but might then be
composed into a single document by "normal" users.