[Zope-CMF] Why is this so difficult??????

Braun Brelin bbrelin@yahoo.com
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 04:16:56 -0700 (PDT)

Folks,

I've been trying to get Silva (The document management
product) to install under Zope with absolutely no
luck.

I'm running Zope 2.5.1 on a RedHat 7.3 Linux machine.

This is driving me up the wall!!!

I consistently get errors trying to install ParsedXML
and XMLWidgets, for example:

 Traceback (innermost last):
  File
/usr/local/Zope-2.5.1-linux2-x86/lib/python/OFS/Application.py,
line 637, in install_product
    (Object: Zope)
    (Info: ParsedXML)
  File
/usr/local/zope/lib/python/Products/ParsedXML/__init__.py,
line 91, in initialize
  File
/usr/local/zope/lib/python/Products/ParsedXML/ParsedXML.py,
line 96, in ?
  File
/usr/local/zope/lib/python/Products/ParsedXML/ManageableDOM.py,
line 99, in ?
  File
/usr/local/zope/lib/python/Products/ParsedXML/ExtraDOM.py,
line 92, in ?
  File
/usr/local/zope/lib/python/Products/ParsedXML/DOM/ExpatBuilder.py,
line 115, in ?
    (Object: Products.ParsedXML.DOM.XMLExtended)
ImportError: cannot import name pyexpat

This has been an incredibly frustrating experience.

Does ANYONE have ANY IDEAS as to what the fuck is
happening here?  I'm still trying to learn both Zope
and Python and have a steep enough learning curve
without having to deal with this.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Braun Brelin
bbrelin@yahoo.com