[Zope-CMF] Why is this so difficult??????

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 20:00:18 +0200

Braun Brelin writes:
 > I consistently get errors trying to install ParsedXML
 > and XMLWidgets, for example:
 >  Traceback (innermost last):
 >   File
 > /usr/local/zope/lib/python/Products/ParsedXML/DOM/ExpatBuilder.py,
 > line 115, in ?
 >     (Object: Products.ParsedXML.DOM.XMLExtended)
 > ImportError: cannot import name pyexpat
Thus, you look at line 115 in "ParsedXML/DOM/ExpatBuilder.py",
how it tries to import "pyexpat" and find out why it does not
work.

There are several possibilities, among others:

  *  "pyexpat" is not installed

  *  it is not where it is looked for

  *  an earlier error prevented it to be imported

  *  ...

You cannot expect that we can recognize and solve your problem
from the distance...

Dieter