[Zope-CMF] "/view" questions/problems ...

Ausum Studio ausum_studio@hotmail.com
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 21:41:08 -0500

Convert all you urls to absolute. Refer them with portal_url.

A common issue when dealing with methods is that they will create you a
problem at the time when you want to use relative urls:
Notice that "somecontent", and "somecontent/" retrieves correctly the same
object, but the browser will render different urls wherever  "../anything"
is found.
This same thing happens when using path-related keys from the REQUEST, as in
both cases the PARENT key retrieves different paths.

Hope this  helps.

Ausum

----- Original Message -----
From: <Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca>
To: <zope-cmf@zope.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 4:16 PM
Subject: [Zope-CMF] "/view" questions/problems ...

Hello,

I have noticed that such default components as the actions_box and
folder_contents like to append a "/view" to everything ...

This was causing me problems because I was using "private functions in
restricted mode" (or something like that, without the /view everything
works, with the /view I got that error).

For a while, I had removed the /view thing from the actions_box and the
folder_contents, and all was going well.  Now I have run into a situation
where I *need* it back.  In order to publish a CMF Image, the user has to
see the actions_box, and for that to happen, I need image.gif/image_view or
image.gif/view to get called (since simply calling the image only displays
the image, which doesn't help since the actions_box is not there).
so I figure I might a well just stick the "/view" back in there the way it
was meant to be and learn to live with it.

So I did some changes to remove the problem with "restricted mode
functions", and that works well.  The problem now is that it seems /view
does something funny to my paths.  I now get broken images in my documents
that have images linked with "../" ... This is a rather huge deal as a LOT
of our content (CMF Default DocumentS) has such things in it, but content
providers are going to freak if they start seeing broken images all over
their texts.

So exactly WHAT does this /view do? why? How do I get around these problems
(without completely reworking the actions_box and folder_contents that is,
and any other that might use /view. such as the publishing mechanism)?

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jean-François Doyon
Internet Service Development and Systems Support
GeoAccess Division
Canadian Center for Remote Sensing
Natural Resources Canada
http://atlas.gc.ca