[Zope-CMF] security and login problem

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 06 Sep 2002 12:54:00 +0100

Welcome to hell ;-)

Kelley, Sean wrote:
> I am running CMF 1.3 and Zope 2.5.1 on a windows 2000K box.  I have folder
> managers adding word documents and other files to this folder which
> anonymous users can view.  When an anonymous user tries to open a file, they
> get a network login box popup.  If they click cancel, the file will load.
> Why is this happening?  I try viewing the files as an anonymous user and
> this does not happen.  Users are using IE browsers v 5 and 5.5.

Try these threads:
http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-coders/2002-January/000619.html
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/zope/2002-January/106939.html

This blows, and there have been lots of attempts to start a discussion about a
fix for it. I think Tres was one of the last people to raise issues about this
suckiness, so he'll no doubt comment

Sadly, nothing, to my knowledge, has ever been down about this suckage :-(

cheers,

Chris

PS: I have a brutal patch against Zope 2.5 that solves this provided you never
want to use any M$ applications to _author_ content.