[Zope-CMF] Plong/CMF lack of speed?

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Mon, 09 Sep 2002 20:15:24 +0300

Message: 11
From: "Zopista" <zopista@zopezen.org>

 >I agree, lets do the optimization later. Having a decent, effecient
 >out of
 >the box experience will be very important without telling someone

Here here. One more vote to support that.

And now - having said that I remember when first time testing Zope and
having to argue to others about the speed. Ofcourse everything might
feel a bit slower than rendering simple hello world php-pages, but if
you count everything you get for that - well there is no comparison.

I've been on a waiting status for Plone for some time, but after I saw
  alpha 4 I agreed to take it more to testing and play around with it.
It is slower than custom skins built for purpose - but like Alan says,
it is not intended for speed racer.

 >I would stick optimisation on the agenda for 1.1 and would love to
 >work on it.
 >
 >Either that or rewrite it in DTML ;)

Uggggh...

All dtml no zpt makes jack a very dull boy ,-)

-huima