[Zope-CMF] how to personalize plone personalize_form?

Wostenberg pwos@attbi.com
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 10:54:45 -0600

I'm collecting extra membership data -- a cellphone number. I
successfully modified portal_memberdata based on a zope labs cookbook
item, and fixed up the plone join_form to collect and store the new
property cellphoneNumber.

But I'm having no joy  modifying the Plone skin personalize_form so
members can change it later.  What I've done is base it on how
personalize_form does email:

python:test(error_email, 'field error', 'field')">

                         tal:replace="structure string:$error_email <br
/>" />

                    <input type="text"
                           name="email"
                           size="25"
                           tabindex="1"
                           value="member.email html_quote"
                           onfocus="formtooltip('new_email_help',1)"
                           onblur="formtooltip('new_email_help',0)"
                           tal:attributes="value email"
                           />

for cellphone
                  tal:attributes="class python:test(error_cellNumber,
'field error', 'field')" >

                      tal:replace="structure string:$error_cellNumber<br
/>" />

                <input type="text"
                       name="cellNumber"
                       size="20"
                       value="member.cellNumber html_quote"
                       tal:attributes="value cellNumber"
                       tabindex="4"
                       onfocus="formtooltip('cellNumber_help',1)"
                       onblur="formtooltip('cellNumber_help',0)" />

The result is the cellphone shows blank on this form, and gets erased if
the personalize_form is submitted.    See input tag
value="member.cellNumber html_quote"? Even if I replace it with
value="member.email" it is blank. So I'm confused on the connections
between name=X, value="member.X", and tal:attributes="value X" . Any
guidance warmly appreciated!

-Alan Wostenberg http://www.psalmweaver.com