[Zope-CMF] Skinnable.py Optimisation breaks Acquisition context.

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 10:18:40 +0100

Hi Shane,

I had a really weird problem yesterday trying to use ZTUtils to render a
structure tree of a CMF site:

http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2002-September/015161.html

...which I finally tracked down to this change you made to Skinnable.py:
http://cvs.zope.org/CMF/CMFCore/Skinnable.py.diff?r1=1.3&r2=1.4

The key change was from:
ImplicitAcquisitionWrapper(self, parent)
...to:
ImplicitAcquisitionWrapper(aq_base(self), parent)

...which strips off part of self's acquisition context.
Was this intentionsional?

In any case, would anything bad happen if I committed the following patch to CVS?

134c134
<         w_self = ImplicitAcquisitionWrapper(aq_base(self), parent)
---
 >         w_self = ImplicitAcquisitionWrapper(self, parent)

...it appears to fix the problems I was having with ZTUtils not being able to
acquire the REQUEST.

cheers,

Chris