[Zope-CMF] CMFZem setProperties attribute error. Forgot some vital info.

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 23:27:01 +0200

James Johnson writes:
 >   It seems my REQUEST is somehow acting funny.  What is the guarded_getattr?
"guarded_getattr" is the restricted attribute access (the attribute access
that verifies the necessary permission is present).

 > I'm running it with
 > 130megs of ram.  I'm thinking upgrading the ram might help.
It has nothing to do with RAM. Its a permission problem.

We always need "Error type" and "Error value" in addition to the
traceback.

 > Traceback (innermost last):
 >   File Script (Python), line 2, in personalize
 >   File C:\Home\lib\python\AccessControl\ZopeGuards.py, line 47, in
 > guarded_getattr
 >     (Object: portal_registration)
The problems is in line 2 of the Python script "personalze".
You try to access an attribute you do not have the necessary permissions.

The "Error value" tells you which attribute. It may be "portal_registration".

Dieter