[Zope-CMF] CMF rights Problem- Help- 2nd try

Carl Rendell cer@sol43.com
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 08:39:47 -0700

On Friday, September 13, 2002, at 11:58  PM, zope-cmf-
request@zope.org wrote:

> From: Dieter Maurer <dieter@handshake.de>
> Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 19:52:34 +0200
> To: "Kelley, Sean" <SKelley@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
> Cc: "'zope-cmf@zope.org'" <zope-cmf@zope.org>
> Subject: Re: [Zope-CMF] CMF rights Problem- Help- 2nd try
>
> Kelley, Sean writes:
>> I am logged in as a user with site-wide "manager" rights.  I go into a
>> folder and add a new folder.  I enter title and submit.  Then I
>> publish the
>> folder, I get an a "site error" with the included traceback.
>> Site Error
>> Resource not found
>> Resource: http://ut-web/utilities/Workgroups/weekend/view
>> traverse
>>   File C:\UTILIT~1\lib\python\ZPublisher\HTTPResponse.py, line 492, in
>> notFoundError
> Zope is convinced that is does not find
> "http://ut-web/utilities/Workgroups/weekend/view".
>
> When it does not run in debug mode, Zope sometimes cheats: it says
> "notFound" while in fact, it finds the resource but does not like
> it (missing doc string, usually). Run Zope in debug mode and
> see whether you get a different error.
>
> Do you mean a "Folder" or a "PortalFolder"?
> A standard Zope "Folder" does not have a "view" method.
> Do not mix standard Zope objects and CMF objects (unless you know
> what you are doing).

Sean,

I've been meaning to respond to a couple of your postings, but I've
been deep into some development.

If you are using CMF 1.3 on a clean installation, you would
normally not experience this because the default workflow for
Folder (ne Portal Folder) has been blanked out such that it is not
subject to workflow. This is the typical behavior for a folder. If
you've upgraded to CMF 1.3 or started with the beta, you can remove
Folder (Portal Folder) from workflow by clearing it's workflow
default in the portal_workflow tool.

However, you will run into problems with if you _want_ to have a
folderish type controlled with workflow because the python script
used by the workflow state forms appends '/view' on to all types.

Of course the Folder portal_type does not have a view set (uses
index_html by default), so you'll get an error.

You can make a simple change to the script:

content_status_modify.py in CMFDefault -> skins-> content

Either eliminate the '/view' from the string format for
redirect_url (line 13 I believe), or do something more
sophisticated and test the context object to see if it's
portal_type has a view, and the format redirect_url accordingly.

I'm currently using the former, and I've not run into any issues
with workflow enabled folders.

~C

Carl E. Rendell
Solution43
Information Distribution Consulting        |   "Ahhhh the power of
cer@sol43.com                              |    acquisition"  - Chef Z