[Zope-CMF] Building an intranet for designer group

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 00:22:33 +0300

Hi all,

I'm beginning a interesting project for my friend who studies industrial
design at the Helsinki University of Art and Design. He and a group of
other designers have rented an office in which they will do their work
and I have just installed a server for them to share the ADSL line for
the whole gang. I am also starting to build an intranet for them with
Plone and was thinking about if there were others interested to join
this project - or have ideas on what different things to do.

At the moment on my todo-list I have the normal things to setup:
  - set samba server
  - teach them to use Plone to share info between them
  - develop an intranet application / portal for their need including
workspaces etc.

Why?

Well I am looking forward to getting feedback from these users that have
really low interest into the web development genre and are not Zope
enthusiasts. They will in a sense be guinea pigs - but for that they
will get to test and use cool applications.

What I am asking for from others?

Well basicly good ideas and applications to test on and others joins
into the development process. I'll make everything what I learn from in
the process open and available at my site as soon as I get it up and
running. My ultimate goal being making an example and doing research on
how to build an intranet with Zope / CMF / Plone.

Any thougths? Ideas? Rants?

--
Heimo Laukkanen
Oy Fountain Park Ltd