[Zope-CMF] DCWorkflow Help

Luca Olivetti luca@wetron.es
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 17:15:20 +0200

Chris Withers wrote:

> Now, the problem is how to make it work. How can I find out the possible
> transitions from the current state, getting their titles and the correct
> values for workflow_action?

I have just one form (although it's used for just one transition) and I
pass it the desired action as a form parameter, i.e. I put in the
transition URL something like

%(content_url)s/my_action_form?action=newstate

But that's good only if you use the form for just one transition
(previously selected from the actions box).

I guess you could examine the code that fills the actions box to know
all possible transitions?

> The short descriptions of each transition and state are currently stored
> as macros in two ZPT's. Perhaps a description field could be added to
> each of these objects in DCWorkflow as a nicer alternative?

Yes, that would save us from the ugliness of the "zpt macro with all
descriptions" that I had to resort to.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007