[Zope-CMF] Does a File object know who created it?

Phil Glaser StillSmallVoice@DirectvInternet.com
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 17:03:21 -0400

Hi Gitte,

>> I'm trying to customize the Plone file_view method so that it
>displays the
>> user name of the user who added the file to the system. But I
>cannot find a
>> method or property to return this information. (I tried
>"contributors" but
>> it was empty).
>>
>> Is there such a method or property?

>Try with the Creator() method - it should return the username ...

Yeah, that did the trick. Thank you!

I seem to get stuck with simple questions like this because the CMF object
hierarchy is so daunting: every time I go to look at an object in the source
code, it is hard to know what properties and methods are available to a
given object because there is so much that's getting inherited from
different places. The API documentation on the web site doesn't help much
with this issue: it documents each class's properties and methods but
doesn't present what's getting inherited into each content type.

Is there someplace else to look for such documentation?

Many thanks!

--Phil