[Zope-CMF] TextIndexNG and CMF/Plone - Fulltext Index of Files // Converters

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 00:00:45 +0000 (UTC)

Andreas Jung  <lists@andreas-jung.com> wrote:
> <hazmat@objectrealms.net> wrote:
> > On Thursday 19 September 2002 06:51 am, Mitja Martini wrote:
> >> I would like to use TextIndexNG to index the content of uploaded MSOffice
> >> documents in CMF/Plone Files. How can this be accomplished?
> >
> > you need to convert the msoffice documents into some form of
> > useable/understandable text. file objects are treated as binaries blobs,
> > whose contents are not indexed.
> >
> > there are a couple of products floating around that can help in the
> > conversion  to text.  nuxdocument @ nuxeo.org , or one of the ms word doc
> > types on  zope.org
>
> TextIndexNG supports MS Office documents out-of-the-box by providing
> stubs for external converters. There is no need to use other special
> objects.

NuxDocument has other features though, like HTML preview of most
document types. This is Unix-only for now but patches for win32 are
welcome.

BTW I haven't used TextIndexNG, but what attribute do you have to index
to get it to index a Word file? 'data'? 'document_src'? A quick glance
at the online doc doesn't offer an answer.

Florent