[Zope-CMF] Re: [Plone-developers] CMF NewsFeed / News aggregation

Doug Hellmann doug@hellfly.net
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 21:04:15 -0400

Hi, Jeff,

I missed the original post, so sorry for responding in this part of the
thread.  Anyway, I wrote the CMF NewsFeed, and use it on my site every day.
At one point I was reading headlines for a couple of dozen news sites, but
I've scaled back because I found I wasn't actually interested in all of those
sources and some of them were duplicates.

Why don't you want to run ZEO?  I thought about other designs for the feed,
but didn't want the database update to be controlled by page views, and
didn't want to write something that posted to the portal via HTTP, so that
left a ZEO client.  It was actually a lot easier to do that way, anyway.  I'd
be happy to help you set it up, if you run into trouble.

Doug