[Plone-developers] Re: [Zope-CMF] CMF NewsFeed / News aggregation

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 12:30:33 +0100

alan runyan wrote:
 > But for rapid prototyping
 > ZClasses were a huge win for the team I met today and think they do serve
 > a place in ZOPE - especially if they were hardened.

It's great to hear of people having success and I kinda agree but I think
there's a much better way of solving this class (excuse the pun) of problems.
For me, the loose linkage of content types and skins in the CMF feels like the
way forward...

> can figure out how to use them, although namespace issues get kinda
> tricky -- I think) but they have unpredictable behavior.  Earlier I heard
> someone
> say "Yeah, we like ZClasses but occassionally we get a Unpickleable
> Exception
> - after I restart the server it goes away".
<snip>
> As far as *understanding* ZClasses implementation - yikes.  from a glimpse
> it

...but this kinda stuff scares the shit out of me and it's why I'll always
recommend that people don't use them.

cheers,

Chris