[Zope-CMF] Modifying SearchableText...? How...?

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
23 Sep 2002 11:14:44 -0400

On Fri, 2002-09-20 at 04:16, Chris Withers wrote:
> Stoons - [ HeadNet ] wrote:
> > 1) I added the script above with the name "SearchableText"
>
> Where did you add it?
>
> It should go in the 'custom' folder of the portal_skins tool.
> Then make sure 'custom' is included left-most in the skin definition.
> Then re-index all your content so the new SearchableText method gets used.

Skin methods *never* override the "hard-wired" methods of the underlying
class;  that is the nature of acquisition.

If you want to "take over" how the indexable text is emitted, you need
to pick another name, build the script which computes it, and index
*that* name in your catalog (perhaps removing the SearchableText index,
as well).