[Zope-CMF] CMFCollector and latest plone i18n issues

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 18:32:59 +0200

In article <1033033024.27042.312.camel@etg-sun-1> you write:
> I am trying to get CMFCollector working with the latest Plone skin
> and Zope 2.6b1 (I had it working on a earlier plone version and zope
> version) but now there is all this i18n stuff in the collector skin
> provided with plone.
>
> What additional Products etc are required to get all this working.

If you want localizetion without Plone's AltTal and AltPT, you need to
install a translation service. For now only PersistentTranslationService
exists. It uses Localizer from CVS as its backend.

> it sames to complain on a number of but not all i18n:translate and
> i18n:name calls.

I'd be very interested in knowing which ones.

> Talk of AltPT scares me off, and at the moment I don't want to go there
> at all. I hope this isn't a requirement.

It isn't anymore as the i18n support from Zope 3 has been backported to
Zope 2.6b1.

> Can I just turn of this i18n stuff off at the moment
> ( I would like to return to the i18n capability later, but
> it is sort of getting in the way at the moment.)

You should be able to ignore it if you have no translation service
(which is the default). If not, any problems should be reported so that
we can correct them in time for Zope 2.6b2.

Thanks,

Florent