[Zope-CMF] private items visible to user with view rights only--help

Kelley, Sean SKelley@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 10:50:29 -0700

I am having a problem with unpublished documents showing up to those with
view rights only.  i gave view right to anonymous on my site as it is an
intranet.  shouldn't view only see published items?  what's wrong here?  the
only thing I can think of that I changed is that i took folder out of
workflow to fix some other weird problems i was told that was caused because
folder was in workflow and i had upgraded from cmf 1.2 to 1.3.  As I
understand it, 1.3 does not workflow folders now.

Some folders do not have view rights for anonymous and yet they can see the
contents and some need it or they get a login prompt.  Is this because I
created some folders in the site after there was no workflow enabled?  It
also seems to matter if the documents within folders have view rights for
anonymous.  Do I have to recreate folders and recreate all sub content to
resolve this issue?

is there a site setting somewhere else I can check?

Sean Kelley
Technology Coordinator
City of Santa Rosa
Phone: (707) 543-3353