[Zope-CMF] TypesTool actions vs ActionTool actions

Tim Hoffman THoffman@dpc.wa.gov.au
02 Apr 2003 16:14:04 +0800

Hi

Am I correct in my observations that actions in Actions Tool can have
TAL expressions whereas the Action for a Type in Types tool can only
have plain strings.

ie in Actions Tool I can have an action such as
string:${folder_url}/folder_contents

But if I define the same in an action for a Type
the tal expression is not evaluated and you get a
a path generated like

http://nnn.nn.nn.nn:nnn/teaming/Discussion/forum1/msg_1048842806/string:
${folder_url}/folder_contents

or a __getattr__ error depending on what category you put the action in.

This is at least as of CVS grab of CMF from the 12/02/2003.

Is this intended behaviour or is TypeTool just trailing the development
of ActionsTool?

Should I log a collector on this ?

Rgds

Tim