[Zope-CMF] Folders inside SkinnedFolder not viewable

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 21:32:43 +0200

Rob Boyd wrote at 2003-4-3 08:13 -0800:
 > I have a custom CMF Type subclassed from
 > SkinnedFolder. Inside this object, I add regular
 > Portal Folders. If I put content named index_html
 > inside the portal folder, I can navigate to the
 > folder.  But with no index_html, I can't get a folder
 > view (unlike other portal folders outside of my
 > skinned folder).  So, if my object is named 'foo' and
 > my portal folder is 'bar', an attempt to navigate to
 > mycmfsite/foo/bar results in an error.
 >
 > The error message is:
 > Resource not found. Check the URL and try again.
 > Resource: PortalFolder instance at ....

The cause is probably:

  *  "SkinnedFolder" defines "index_html" to be "None"

  *  "PortalFolder" does not define "index_html" nor "__call__".
     This means "index_html" is acquired from "SkinnedFolder"
     and as it is "None", it is not used.

  *  As "PortalFolder" does not define "__call__" the object
     itself is returned

  *  "RESPONSE" is unable to convert the object into a sensefull
     string and raises the exception you see.

Dieter