[Zope-CMF] Paste button not showing right away

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 5 Apr 2003 07:33:51 +0200

Michael Havard wrote at 2003-4-4 15:19 +0000:
 > Nope I try refreshing. I move around the site. I change things then about
 > two minutes later the paste button finally shows up.

This is difficult to believe knowing how the "Paste" button is
implemented:

	When you cut/copy objects, their paths are remembered
	in a cookie.

	When you look at a Folder's "Content" tab, the
	"Paste" button is rendered when the cookie is
	present.

Thus, two reasons why you do not see the button:

  *  the page is not rendered (as it is taken from a cache)

  *  the rendering does not see the cookie, but it is
     unclear then why it should turn up after some minutes.

You can check whether the cookie is there:

  Visit a DTML Method with the content
    <dtml-var standard_html_header>
    <dtml-var REQUEST>
    <dtml-var standard_html_footer>

  This displays the REQUEST content. The cookie has name "__cp".

Dieter