[Zope-CMF] Patch for more forward-compatible APB

Sidnei da Silva sidnei@x3ng.com
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 14:05:30 -0300

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 12:04:15PM -0400, Tres Seaver wrote:
| I don't mind the parts of the patch which surface the "readable" bits of
| a dict;  however, I don't think I want to encourage anybody to assume
| that modifying the object through '__setitem__' / 'update' is
| supported.  Does Plone actually need that, or were you just being
| thorough?

For __setitem__ yes. There is some code in Plone and other products
that does:

actions = types_tool._cloneActions()
for action in actions:
  if action['id'] == 'view':
     action['action'] = 'folder_listing'
types_tool._actions = tuple(actions)

(or something to that effect).

Notice that im restricting the values that can be read and set to a
small set ( _props ), and that __setitem__ behaves differently for
'action', because it needs special treatment when being set.

| > In the way, I also added a few __traceback_info__ to make debugging
| > easier.
|
| Yep, no problem there.
|
| BTW, I vastly prefer to read unified diff.  My ~/.cvsrc looks like:
|
|   $ cat .cvsrc
|   -z7
|   diff -u

Hey, nice tip!