[Zope-CMF] Patch for more forward-compatible APB

Sidnei da Silva sidnei@x3ng.com
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 14:59:57 -0300

| First, I presume that this code is actually manipulating the type
| information objects' actions, rather than the tool actions;  the tool
| actions have not been dictionaries ever, I think.

Youre right. I was typing off from the top of my head.

| Second,
| this is specifically the kind of usage I'd like to suppress:  it is
| subverting the TIs own handling of actions.  I *especially* dislike the
| last line there:  it breaks encapsulation at least two ways (the name of
| the attribute, plus its representation as a tuple).

I agree on your point, but I dont remember APB having a method that
you can pass in a set of actions to be set on the tool. Perhaps the
solution would be adding more methods on APB to manipulate actions.

| If we *do* add your full patch, I would expect it to be immediately
| deprecated:  I don't want to introduce gratuitous breakage into Plone or
| other projects, but I do want to discourage that kind of "monkey patch"
| coding in the future.

Totally agreed.

[]'s
--
Sidnei da Silva (dreamcatcher) <sidnei@x3ng.com.br>
X3ng Web Technology <http://www.x3ng.com.br>

The world is coming to an end ... SAVE YOUR BUFFERS!!!