[Zope-CMF] "editor can't find a valid editor for this file extension" when a ttempting to use webdav and Dreamweaver

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:04:33 +0100

Sally Owens wrote:
> At 16:10 22/04/03 +0100, you wrote:
>
>> Sally Owens wrote:
>>
>>> content/template instances names that end in .html. We're not keen to
>>> do this because it isn't the way that Zope/CMF were designed to work.
>>

>> What lead you to believe this?
>
> http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/NameExtensionViews/HistoricalRevisions/836.6656.19018.64068

That's a proposal primarily to do with allowing different representations of an
object to be provided by putting a different extension on their name in a URL.

You'll note it says "Zope has been accused". That's because there's nothing in
Zope that is 'anti' file extensions other than convention.

cheers,

Chris