[Zope-CMF] Re: Serious problem with type actions

Sidnei da Silva sidnei@x3ng.com
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 15:42:06 -0300

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 07:16:31PM +0200, Yuppie wrote:
| Hi!
|
| Tres Seaver wrote:
| >Write a python script which filters them, looking for '/', for instance.
|
| What about a small modification of _getViewFor and getActionById:
|
| If we remove the absolute part (the last '/' and everything left of it)
| of the action string, people could use absolute URLs if they want.
|
| If I don't miss a use case with a '/' in the relative URL, this would be
| 100% backwards compatible.

Theres one thing that I would like to see in this case.

Suppose that you have a action like:

string:$object_url/folder_contents?filter_by=portal_type&clear_filter=no

In the case where this action is *called*, I would like it to:

 * Get the last part of the url (folder_contents)

 * Parse the params (filter_by, clear_filter)

 * Call the view passing the params as **kw

Thoughts?

--
Sidnei da Silva (dreamcatcher) <sidnei@x3ng.com.br>
X3ng Web Technology <http://www.x3ng.com.br>

Why do we want intelligent terminals  when there are so many stupid users?