[Zope-CMF] Understanding Tool Construction

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sat, 02 Aug 2003 15:05:53 +0100

Edward Muller wrote:
> Using CMF I believe a lot (not all) of this would be done using by
> writing a tool (along with interfaces and an implimentation). Am I
> correct?

Most of wha tyou've described just sounds like stuff that should go as methods
and templates in a skin layer...

> believe I do), workflows and the like. I've used Archetypes to create
> CMF content types, but a lot of what I'm doing isn't a piece of content,
> it's process.

Well, if it centres around a piece of content, such as a user account, you could
look at the workflow tool... more specifically, the DCWorkflow implementation of
the Workflow Tool interface.

cheers,

Chris