[Zope-CMF] Member's Name and CMF Site's Name

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Dec 4 15:47:17 EST 2003

Pascal Samuzeau wrote at 2003-12-4 08:02 +0100:
>> The CMS will not allow the creation of an object with an
>> id already used in the CMF site (its top level).
>>
>> This is a precaution to prevent hiding some essential tools by
>> reusing their id.
>

>Thank you for the answer.
>But there is still a problem, the user created in acl_users. Can't it
>be avoid with changing the addMember's for the future CMF?

I am only a CMF user not a CMF developper...

Maybe, you file a feature request to "http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF".
However, I do not expect that it will be implemented with high priority...

I handled a similar problem for our intranet by modifying
the CMF source (it already contains special treatment for
"index_html", I just extended it a bit).

Modifying Zope/CMF sources becomes feasible by mainting Zope
in CVS (--> see "cvs import").

--
Dieter