[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] Dublin Core Creator(s): a small proposal

Yuppie schubbe at web.de
Mon Dec 15 16:42:53 EST 2003

Hi!

Tonico Strasser wrote:
> 'Creators' is not an element of the Dublin Core standard. Therefore I
> would not mark 'Creator' as deprecated because it is an element of the
> standard[1].
>
> 'Creator' could be a string representation of the sequence 'Creators':
>
>   Creators = ['Name 1', 'Name 2', ...]
>   Creator = "Name 1, Name 2, ..."
>
> [1] <http://dublincore.org/documents/usageguide/elements.shtml#creator>

Quoting from your link: "Creators should be listed separately,
preferably in the same order that they appear in the publication."

Listing more than one creator in a Creator element violates the
standard. You are right that 'Creators' isn't a Dublin Core element, but
the proposed method represents an ordered list of 'Creator' elements.

This is the same pattern as used by Contributors().

Subject() is also a sequence, but in this case the sequence is the element.

So I don't think it makes sense to have a method with the name of a
Dublin Core element if we allow more than one instance of this element.

Cheers,
	Yuppie